Sunday, February 10, 2008

Goodbye Lake Leota?

Yes, it would be nice to have the lake back but not at this price. How is SOLE going to spin this one? They have done nothing in regards to raising money for this project and are going to expect the taxpayers to pick up the tab.

I am sure there will be talk about all of the memories Lake Leota has brought to many Evansville citizens. The picnics, the first kiss, fishing, the fourth of July, blah, blah, blah. I have memories too. Mine however revert back to the time when I actually had some disposable income to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

There comes a point when you just have to say no and we have hit that point. The lake is not a need like the sewage plant, the new fire station and yes eventually the library. The only people truly affected by the lake are the land owners immediately surrounding it. No one moved to Evansville to hang out by Lake Leota.

Barring an enormous fund raising effort or grant(unlikely) bringing the cost to the city to under one million dollars I will vote no and encourage others to vote with me. I ask that the council set up the referendum(it will be non binding) during the November elections when the voters will be out in force for the '08 Presidential Election.

This is just getting interesting folks.

3 comments:

slammer said...

Was it not true that you had sex in Lake Leota???

Well maybe I am just assuming, using a little deductive reasoning here.

Question:

Is it easier to get caught in Lake Leota Parking lot or Franklin Park doing the NASTY?

All my times in Franklin Park and I never got caught.

Anonymous said...

Slammer, Gross and nasty you are.
My kids play at that park. If you decide to do ' the nasty' again in Franklin park, watch out the neighbor over there has it staked out with a web cam. Just lookin for naughty kids, I guess they would get a surprise.

slammer said...

I won I got a response. You owe me 5 bucks