Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Evansville Getting Cable Alternative

Although no date has been established at&t will be offering an alternative to Charter and Satellite providers in Evansville and near by communities. Click here for the article from the Gazette.

Competition is welcome but there is a particular concern. The "boxes" being installed take up an area 8 foot by10 foot. Click here for a picture. I understand right of ways but I can't imagine anyone wanting to look at one of these in their yard. I hope our City Council will take the same steps Janesville has to lessen the impact of the cabinets.

6 comments:

grumps said...

Oh and won't those big, fire-catching green steel boxes look nice on a corner lot?

Rex said...

My concern exactly. I believe they would have to put it in the back but there has to be a better option.

Anonymous said...

From reading the Itasca article, it appears that these boxes are scattered throughout the community rather than placed in each subscriber's yard. Not that they aren't fugly, but my guess is you wouldn't see a box on every lot.

I'm anxious to see what AT&T has to offer -- I'm real tired of my Charter bill increasing every couple months and would have no problem dumping them.

Anonymous said...

They aren't in every yard. As a matter afact. they put one with other equipment every so often. You wont even notice them.

Anonymous said...

Ok! If there so ugly. tell if there are any put in Evansville yet and where.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Those pictures from Itaska. Those are not the T.V. box's Thats other phone equipment that has been there years.