Monday, January 21, 2008

I love talking about Skateboarding.

This topic usually gets people fired up.


Let’s talk about skateboarding. Click here for the article in the Janesville Gazette. The City Council is considering banning skateboarding downtown.

Per the article 3 business’ have estimated over $10,000.00 in damages each. Surprise Surprise.

Here’s another quote. “A reduction in skateboarding downtown would mean less property damage and vandalism and a safer environment for pedestrians”, Riggs wrote.


I can’t say I have noticed any damage in our downtown. Maybe someone can tell me different.

I say BAN 'EM.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think its so much damage as it is safety in Evansville.

I don't understand why these kids choose places, like they do in Janesville to skate board.

You can ban them, but are they going to be able to enforce it?

Probably not. Not by the time the police get their these kids will be gone.

Its like a couple years back when someone wanted to put a restriction on how many cats and dogs people could have. Fine idea but how do you enforce it?

When the chief of police is saying 'We are not wasting our time on chasing cats.'

It will come down to a issue of time , and priorities.

I don't see much if anything changing.

slammer said...

Ban that and those stupid shoes with wheels on them. There also should be a law that if your child is found to have those shoes, the parent(s) should receive a side-suplex.